Transylvania Highlights Tour 23rd September – 28th September 2018
To include, transfers to and from Sibiu airport or bus/train station, en-suite accommodation, all transport for daily excursions, guides/interpreters and entrance fees into stated activities, all meals both in-house and restaurants (except one lunch), local wine, beer and soft drinks with meals.
Please note flights, cafe coffees, snacks, ‘pub’ drinks and personal toiletries are not included.
5 night fully inclusive break away including all trips and local wine or beer. Price per person is £495 not including flights from Luton Airport. (£20 per person per night single supplement)
Optional extra excursion Bear Watching details below.
Below is a taster of two excursions all are included in the price apart from the bear watching, as each day we venture out on different trips into the amazing countryside to see this incredible country.
- A chance to explore Hunedoara Castle
- A visit to a Gypsy King’s village
- A truly great Gothic structure, Hunedoara Castle waits to be explored. Wander through the corridors where Dracula spent 7 years of his life as either a guest or prisoner. Reputed to be the most haunted castle in Europe, Hunedoara was made famous in Britain by the programme ‘Most Haunted’ who held a live, 3 night long vigil here.
Nearby visit the remarkable Gypsy Kings village (not in the guide books). Marvel at the intricate worked metal and bright colours, more reminiscent of India than Romania.
Less than 10 minutes from our village accommodation we find the extensive ASTRA complex nestled in the forests.
Around 400 dwellings and craftsman’s lodges reconstructed around two lakes, with a stunning mountain backdrop.
The jewel in the crown of tourism in Transylvania, ASTRA waits to be explored by the young and old alike.
Visitors with restricted mobility can hire a 4 wheel Segway scooter for meandering down ASTRA’s well maintained paths.
Or why not pre-book a romantic horse drawn carriage ride, through any Secret Transylvania staff member.
Step back in time to explore and discover watermills, windmills, traditional homesteads, shepherd’s folds and the witch’s house of the village wise woman.
This ultimate ‘not to miss’ while in the Sibiu area will leave lasting memories of years gone by!!
A chance to enjoy the dramatic scenery, nature and wildlife of Transylvania.
The day includes:
- An evening of bear watching after a picnic lunch at beautiful Sambata Monastery on route. A traditional dinner, prepared by ‘Tanti Marioara’ in her rustic home-stay.
- Leaving mid morning and returning after dark. An evening spent deep in the mysterious and magical forests of Transylvania for your chance to watch bears in their natural habitat.
- Booked through premier nature guide, Simona Munteneau: Transylvania’s pristine forests are inhabited by over 3000 wolves, 5500 bears and 1500 lynx, as well as other large mammals. In summer there are 5 million sheep grazing up in the mountains. It is here where the Ranger will take you to a ‘secret hide’ for a chance to watch bears.We do see the bears from the ‘hide’. The hide is ideal for observing the bears (not just spotting them) as they stay and feed. Package and Costs:The nature reserve is a two hour drive into the mountains from Sibiu. We will arrive before dusk after a picnic lunch at beautiful Sambata Monastery.
The Ranger will then take you by LandRover to a secret location in the forest. There will be a short (5 minute), easy walk to the hide where you will stay to watch bears until darkness has fallen.
Bears are creatures of habit and the hide we use is well established. In the last 10 years, from April to October we have had a 100% success rate and offer a money back guarantee for guests staying on a ‘fully inclusive’ basis.
Guests at the hide have also seen wild boar, deer and even wolves on occasion. However, there is no guarantee of seeing any of these animals.
After your large carnivore experience, enjoy a delicious home cooked meal prepared by Auntie Marioara (an unexpected highlight for many guests).
The price includes :
- A packed lunch
- A visit to Sambata Monastery on route
- An evening Bear Watching with a ranger in a state registered hide
- Dinner in a traditional home-stayPRICE: £70 per person paid when you get to our Transylvania destination.